Cowboy Cornbread Meatloaf
This is one of the best easy weeknight dinners, hands down. I make it at least once a month, serving a side of baked potatoes or mashed with it, and some good ole’ honey cornbread! Your family will be asking for seconds, no doubt!
- 1.5 or 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 egg
- 1 package of Stove Top Cornbread Stuffing
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Lawry's seasoning
- 1/3 -1/2 cup sliced canned mushrooms
- 1/2 cup diced onions (optional)
- 1/2 cup Kraft honey bbq sauce
- Pre-heat oven to 375º.
- Prepare stuffing as directed on the package (or you could be really awesome and make your own).
- Combine the stuffing, ground beef, egg, garlic powder, seasoning, mushrooms and onions and mix together.
- Spray a loaf pan with cooking spray.
- Press the mixture in the pan and brush with a light coat of honey bbq sauce.
- Place in oven for 1 hour.
- Remove and brush again with a thick layer of Kraft honey bbq sauce again, place back in oven for 5 minutes.
- Serve with mashed potatoes, green beans and cornbread!
For even more southern style recipes, check out My Texas Recipes!