The holidays are officially here, and it’s time to glam it up! Check out our tips for How To Get The Perfect Holiday Makeup Look!
Autumn is my favorite time of the year. Rather than being hot and muggy, it turns to cool and breezy, a sure sign that fall is in the air. It’s also a sign that the holidays are right around the corner! As a parent, it’s almost a requirement for most to enjoy the holidays but if I’m being honest, I’ve always loved the holidays. Aside from the 4th of July, Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas are my favorite holidays.
- Laying the groundwork for perfect foundation application. If you’re not careful, you can easily over cake the foundation and let me tell ya, it’s never a pleasing end result. I like to start with a clean face, done up with my favorite Neutrogena Naturals Pore Purifying Scrub. With a fresh canvas to work with, I then proceed with a good moisturizer followed up with the Neutrogena Healthy Skin Primer, which helps to smooth everything out and keep your makeup in place for longer.
- Concealer. After applying your cleanser and primer (make sure you get something light and airy for that step) you can go about applying your foundation. After you get that flawless foundation look, you can go forward with applying your concealer, if you need it. Your concealer should be a shade lighter than your skin and be applied sparingly in problem areas such as under the eyes, on discoloration, etc. Just remember, that like foundation, concealer should be used sparingly to give you a flawless look rather than a caked on one.
- Doing up the eyes. This is one of my favorite steps by far, when it comes to applying my makeup. I don’t typically do anything fancy but I do enjoy layering on some falsies mascara as well as eyeliner to make my eyes really pop! For those who want a more dramatic or eye catching look, don’t be afraid to use lash extensions for this step.
- Say to heck with it and go red! Normally, I stick to pinks or neutral colors for my lips but when it comes to holiday parties, I’m all for encouraging my gal friends to go for the red lips. Not only is red lipstick totally classic but it’s also eye catching and will make you look glamorous! The MoistureSmooth Color Stick comes in a few different reds to choose from that are gorgeous and as an added bonus, keep your lips hydrated all night too!
- Get your glitter on. There are some who say glitter went out of style in the 90’s but I say to heck with those people. It’s the holidays, get festive and glitter it up. You don’t have to over do it, just a touch here and there but trust me, it’ll really make all of the difference if you’re going for that festive look. If you aren’t comfortable with putting glitter on your face as an accent or using it in your eye shadow, you can even use it on your collarbone to accentuate that area.
Do you love to save? Looking for the latest beauty advice? Then join the Johnson & Johnson Beauty and Baby Club – it’s FREE!
Once you download the app, you’ll be able to take advantage of money saving coupons, tips on caring for baby as well as yourself (who doesn’t love beauty tips?!) and get the latest hot deals straight to your phone.
In addition to the aforementioned perks to downloading the app and joining the Johnson & Johnson Beauty and Baby Club, you have the opportunity to enter monthly sweepstakes, earn points to score exciting and useful rewards, AND you even get a free birthday gift each year.
Looking for more beauty tips? Check out these posts!