Congratulations, you’re expecting! Get ready for baby’s arrival with our Top 7 Must Haves For The Baby Nursery!
Welcoming a new little into your family can be a very exciting occasion. I know that whenever my husband and I expanded our little family, everyone down to the little ones at home thought it was wonderful news. My husband and I were especially excited each time we got confirmation of pregnancy and never wasted any time preparing, even though 9 months was plenty of time to everything taken care of for the new baby.
As much fun as preparing for a new baby can be it can also be stressful, especially having to stock dressers, stockpile diapers, get up to speed on the latest techniques for caring for your new little one, baby-proofing, etc. All that considered, I love preparing for babies! If I had to pick one of my favorite baby prepping activities, it would definitely be getting the nursery ready.
There’s just something about picking out paint, coordinating furniture, placing accent pieces, etc. that amps up the excitement about your due date. Hands down, decorating the nursery never fails to put a smile on my face and help make the waiting game go by a lot more quickly. Of course, with our firstborn, putting together a nursery wasn’t as easy as it was with our last; there was a learning curve, believe it or not.
Looking back on how frustrating it was as first time parents to get a nursery baby ready, I started to think about the tips I got from friends and family that helped us achieve the end result for our firstborns nursery. I also took a look at the helpful tips of baby must-haves from the experts at Huggies so I could share them with my readers!
- Glider. I’ve got to say, any nursery I’ve ever seen in my entire life has had a glider and footrest duo stationed somewhere in the room. An updated version of the classic rocking chair, the Glider is a quiet and comfortable spot where you can put up your feet and rock/bottle feed or nurse your little one. It’s also a tried and true method for putting little ones to sleep.
- Crib & Mobile. While a crib has been a nursery must have for decades, the mobile is one item on the list that seems to have gone out of style over the years. Personally, I’m a sucker for mobiles, especially the old fashioned ones. They’re a great finishing touch for your crib set up and are great to help baby learn to track movement as well as learn shapes and colors.
- Changing Pad & Diaper Caddy. I’m not gonna lie, I’ve always had a changing table/dresser combo in our nurseries. They’re just so handy to have, with the included storage space and whatnot. The diaper caddy is another nifty thing to have because most have included handles so their portable. Fill them up with the super absorbent, breathable diapers and soft, cushy wipes by Huggies and you’re good to go!
- Play mat and/or comfortable rug. Whichever you choose, it’ll help finish off the look of your nursery as well as give you someplace comfortable to lay and play with your little one as they continue to hit their developmental milestones such as rolling over, rocking and eventually crawling.
- 4-6 Receiving Blankets. Although 4-6 is a good number, I always keep a ton on hand. You can use them for the traditional swaddle but we always used them for swaddling and wiping up drool, spit up, etc. You can never have too many and you’d be surprised by how many uses you’ll come up with as time goes by!
- Fitted crib sheets. With newborns you’re bound to have an excess of drool, and spit-up. You might even have a blow-out or leak situation, so having a few extra crib sheets handy will save you time and sanity. It’s never fun to have to keep baby up while you’re having to wash your crib sheets just so you can put them down again.
- Huggies Diapers. Trust me, you need reliable diapers when you have a baby! From newborn to toddler, Huggies creates diapers that keep your baby comfortable and dry thanks to their GentleAbsorb Liners as well as Leak Lock System, so you never have to worry about leaks or discomfort again. Plus, you can print Huggies coupons here!