10 Cheap Meals To Make From Leftover Produce
Is your produce going to start going bad? Don’t throw it away! There are things you can make out of leftover produce. In fact, the meals you make can be inexpensive. Check out these 10 cheap meals you can make out of leftover produce.
- Omelet– The best thing about leftover produce is that you can make an omelet out of it. Whisk your eggs, toss them in a pan, and then toss in your veggies!
- Vegetable soup – There is no right or wrong when it comes to vegetable soup. You can use whatever veggies you have on hand to make an awesome, inexpensive meal.
- Homemade pizza – Tossing some dough together and sprinkling leftover produce on top is sure to be a winner in your household. Do some experimenting to see which pizza ends up becoming a family favorite.
- A surprise casserole – I think the best thing about casseroles is that they can include anything. Whether you’re making a breakfast casserole or a paste casserole, you can easily toss in the veggies.
- Go for a breakfast smoothie – Really, breakfast smoothies are great anytime of the day. Throw your leftover produce in the blender and enjoy a delicious smoothie.
- A quesadilla – Do you have tortillas and leftover produce in your house? Add some cheese to this and you can make quesadillas. Cheap and super easy!
- Muffins – If you have blueberries, bananas, or zucchini, you are set to make muffins. These make a great snack or breakfast food.
- Fruit Salad– If you’re looking for a side dish to make out of your leftover produce, then make a fruit salad. There is just something scrumptious about all the fruit being mixed together.
- Lettuce wraps – Looking for a way to use up that lettuce and veggies? Make lettuce wraps! Instead of using bread, you use lettuce! It’s an easy way to gobble up some produce, while leaving room in the budget. I like to make lettuce wraps out of tacos, egg salad, and chicken salad, all are very yummy.
- Poor man’s soup – When you can’t think of what to do with of those veggies, throw them into a pot and make a soup. This type of soup usually includes, potatoes, carrots, celery, peas, and corn—but you can run with it and use whatever produce you want.
What meals have you made from leftover produce? I’d love to hear your recipes! Leave us a comment below!