In the heart of pumpkin season, we bring you these mouthwatering glazed pumpkin cake donuts! Your favorite doughnut shop ain’t got nothing on these bad boys!
If you’ve never made doughnuts before, there’s no better time to start – it’s pumpkin spice and everything nice season! Did you see Kate’s healthy pumpkin spice latte recipe by chance? Make sure you check that one out, too. It’s so creamy and delicious, even with the substitutes! Before we begin, you are going to need one of these doughnut pans, which you can score very inexpensively here. Also, if you are short on time and don’t want to make the glaze (which hardly takes anytime), you can make the doughnuts and then just sprinkle cinnamon sugar on top. I like them that way, too!
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 Eggs
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 15 oz pumpkin puree
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon corn syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup hot water
- FOR THE DONUTS:
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Lightly grease doughnut pan.
- Combine the oil, eggs, sugar, pumpkin, spices, salt, and baking powder. Mix until blended.
- Add in the flour, stirring until blended.
- Use a piping bag or zippered bag to fill each donut shape about 3/4 full.
- Bake the doughnuts for 18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool in pan for 5 minutes then use a butter knife to gently loosen each from the pan.
- Transfer to a rack and allow to cool for 10 minutes
- FOR THE GLAZE:
- In a large bowl, whisk together sugar, corn syrup, salt, vanilla and water.
- You can dip each doughnut into the glaze and return each to the rack to set, or you can use a spoon to drizzle the glaze on top of each one.
- Let donuts set for 20 minutes.
- Doughnuts can be stored in an airtight container for up to 3 days.