Who likes hard, stale cookies? Not our servicemembers! Check out these easy tips on how to keep cookies fresh when shipping military care packages overseas!
Copyright: anaumenko / 123RF Stock Photo
Love baking goodies like cookies and mailing them in your hubby’s or friends care packages, yet hate finding out they were in crumbs when they reached their destination? Check out these easy tips on how to keep cookies fresh when shipping!
- Use airtight storage containers such as Gladware Containers or a tight Metal Cookie Tin
- Wrap cookies in plastic wrap or place in sandwich bags
- Place wrapped cookies in between layers of wax (or parchment) paper
- For chewy cookies (which are the best to ship), place (1) slice of bread on top of the layered cookies in the container/tin
- Mark the package as Fragile on all sides. That doesn’t guarantee that the package will be handled with utmost care, but at least there will be some who are careful not to drop it or throw it among other boxes!
Do you have any tips when shipping cookies or other yummy goodies long distances? Be sure to leave a comment, we’d love to hear them! And be sure to PIN IT to share with your friends!