Looking for ways to help military families? Then send expired coupons to Military families overseas to help them save money on the things they need most!
Send Expired Coupons to Military Families Overseas
I’ve been getting this question a lot lately, so I thought I’d go ahead and do a little post on the subject. A few readers have asked me about sending expired coupons overseas to military families to use. Yes, those stationed overseas can use coupons up to 6 months past the expiration date at the Commissary and Exchanges, how cool is that!?! So, don’t toss out your old coupons – “recycle” them and ship them to troops and/or family members instead.
A couple of overseas coupon programs that I like are Coups For Troops and The Overseas Coupon Project (OCP). Both allow you to mail your coupons (expired and not expired) to them and they will do the rest. But they do ask that you have your coupons clipped and sorted, to save time and energy, since they are volunteers and get tons of piles of coupons every day.
- clip and separate your coupons from food and non-food
- label your bags/envelopes
- food coupons are preferred the most, while baby coupons are second (diapers, wipes, formula etc.)
- Do not send coupons that are about to expire within a month – allow for enough shipping time
- Do not send store coupons like for Albertson’s or Safeway. Only send regular manufacturer coupons and commissary coupons
You can also join our Commissary and Exchange group here and ask fellow couponers to send you their expired coupons – but please note, you may need to pay them for the shipping to get it over to you!