We could all use a bit of luck now and then, am I right? And I needed all the luck I could get when we were invited to a Saint Patrick’s Day gathering and I was asked to bring a holiday themed dessert. Now, I will be 100% honest, when it comes to baking, I am seriously lacking. It’s so bad even my husband jokes that I can’t even manage to bake the pull apart cookies that you just pop in the oven… yes it’s that bad.
Luckily, I stumbled upon this recipe (found below) by The Country Cook 🙌🏻
It was easy, festive and delicious!!!
All I needed was:
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups white chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups crushed OREO Cookies (Mint, Double Stuf, or the limited edition Most Stuf) measured after crushed
- ½ cup green M&M’s
- green sprinkles
Here are the full instructions on how to make it:
- Line a cookie baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Microwave semi-sweet chocolate chips in a microwaveable safe bowl at 30-second intervals, stirring after each interval (or use a double-boiler to melt the chocolate.)
- Spread melted semi-sweet chocolate out onto prepared baking sheet.
- Sprinkle crushed Oreos over melted semi-sweet chocolate.
- Allow to cool at least 10 minutes before adding white chocolate.
- Microwave white chocolate in a microwaveable safe bowl at 30-second intervals, stirring after each interval (or use a double-boiler to melt chocolate.)
- Then pour/spread melted white chocolate over the Oreo layer.
- Sprinkle the top with M&M’s and sprinkles, then let cool completely.
- Break up with a knife
Then watch how fast it disappears…It’s soo good!
So, if you’re looking for an easy, delicious and FESTIVE recipe, look no further!