These Trail Mix Popcorn Bars are so easy to make, taste better than any box kind, and are perfect for your kid’s lunchbox or even your spouse’s rucksack!
These trail mix popcorn bars are just too much fun to make. My kids were in the kitchen with me, munching on the popcorn and M&M’s while I melted the ingredients over the stove. I wasn’t sure if I’d actually have enough ingredients to make these yummy bars because, with three kids + M&M’s, well, you know how that goes if you ever bake with them! But they had a blast topping the bars with the trail mix and couldn’t wait to eat them!
- 6 cups popped popcorn, all uncooked kernels removed
- 2 TBS butter
- 1 10.5 ounce bag of mini marshmallows
- 2 cups of trail mix, chocolates removed and set aside (otherwise they will melt)
- Grease a 9”x9” pan and set aside.
- In a large sauce pan melt butter on low heat.
- Once melted, stir in marshmallows. Stir often until completely melted.
- Mix in popcorn and trail mix (minus the chocolates), and stir until everything is well incorporated.
- Remove from heat and scoop mixture into greased pan.
- Press firmly into pan making sure to spread evenly.
- After the bars have cooled down for a couple minutes, scatter the chocolates across the top and press into bars.
- Let the bars cool for about an hour before cutting.
- Serve and enjoy!
If you try these bars, be sure to leave us a comment and tell us what you think! And don’t forget to PIN IT and share with your friends!